Nouveauté : activer les traductions et les sous-titres créés par les internautes sur votre chaîne YouTube !
Use the following code to embed this video. See our usage guide for more details on embedding.
Paste this in your document somewhere (closest to the closing body tag is preferable):
Paste this inside your HTML body, where you want to include the widget:
<div class="amara-embed" data-url="http://vimeo.com/87360151" data-team="null"></div>
This is a version with added "karaoke" subtitles of "Lord Smoke and the Merchant" by William S. Annis, who is the sole right holder, who chose the creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ license for this video. For more information about the original, see the "a little conanthropology (conthropology?)" discussion on the CONLANG mailing list: listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1402c&L=conlang&F=&S=&P=165528. From lingweenie.org/conlang/ and lingweenie.org/conlang/kahtsaai.pdf . the constructed language of the story seems to be Kahtsaai
About the CC (closed captions) captions/subtitles that can be activated by clicking the CC button in the player's navigation bar: on vimeo, their languages have to be selected from a set list. So I chose:
- English for the English translation
- Kalaalisut for the original captions (because it was the option closest to Kahtsaai)
- Português for the phonetic transcription (because the language code is PT)
- Southern Soto for the structural translation (for no good reason, really)
All these CC captions/subtitles can be improved from the subtitling subpages of amara.org/videos/E5ouUEJZEE1S/info/lord-smoke-and-the-merchant-by-william-s-annis/ . Same issue of a set language list to select from there too, but at least Amara also offers some not-used "meta" languages So the subpages are:
- Metadata: Geo for original captions
- English for the English subtitles
- Metadata: Twitter for the phonetic transcript
- Metadata: Wikipedia for the structural translation.