New: enable viewer-created translations and captions on your YouTube channel!
Already have subtitles for this video?
Upload them directly.
Use the following code to embed this video. See our usage guide for more details on embedding.
Paste this in your document somewhere (closest to the closing body tag is preferable):
Paste this inside your HTML body, where you want to include the widget:
<div class="amara-embed" data-url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-RsRCzDwD4" data-team="null"></div>
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The brain shrinkage associated with dehydration may not only play a role in cognitive impairment, but also levels of energy, alertness, and happiness.
This is the third of a video series on water. See the first two at How Many Glasses of Water Should We Drink a Day? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-many-glasses-of-water-should-we-drink-a-day/) and Does a Drink Of Water Make Children Smarter? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-drink-of-water-make-children-smarter/) Stay tuned—I’ve got more on the way.
Other healthy beverages include hibiscus tea (Hibiscus Tea vs. Plant-Based Diets for Hypertension http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hibiscus-tea-vs-plant-based-diets-for-hypertension/) and green tea (Dietary Brain Wave Alteration http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-brain-wave-alteration/).
What else can affect our mood?
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
• Aspartame and the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aspartame-and-the-brain/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Antioxidants and Depression (http://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
What about the omega-3’s in fish? That’s the subject of my next video, Fish Consumption and Suicide.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-dehydration-affect-our-mood and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate