Got a YouTube account?

New: enable viewer-created translations and captions on your YouTube channel!

English subtitles

← Naming the Form - College Algebra

Get Embed Code
2 Languages

Showing Revision 2 created 05/25/2016 by Udacity Robot.

  1. So now we have this awesome new form for the equation of a parabola, y minus k
  2. equals a times x minus h squared. What I want to know is what we should call
  3. this form. I keep having to read it out each time I say it. And, as you know,
  4. I'm really lazy and I don't want to do that. I just want to have a name for it.
  5. So what should we call it? Should we call this the x-intercept form for the
  6. equation of a parabola? The y-intercept form? Vertex form? Minimum form? Or
  7. maximum form?