New: enable viewer-created translations and captions on your YouTube channel!
It’s been a while since I devoted a show to LinkedIn, and there is much to talk about today. Did you know, for example, that LinkedIn is now actively supporting college students who are preparing for the job market? And did you know that in September, they will be opening up the site to high school students?
If you are the typical LinkedIn user, you have a profile, you have some connections, and you know you should be doing more – but you haven’t been doing it. Today I will be answering the most common questions and objections I get every day from clients and audiences:
1. I have a profile but I don’t know what I’m doing. Is LinkedIn still relevant?
2. I get invitations to connect all the time but I don’t know these people so I ignore them.
3. I don’t want to show too much of my history on LinkedIn because it highlights my age and has nothing to do with what I am doing now.
4. I am in the job market and I don’t know how to position myself without appearing needy.
5. I have lots of connections and I’m in multiple groups, but what should I be doing to leverage those relationships?