New: enable viewer-created translations and captions on your YouTube channel!
Use the following code to embed this video. See our usage guide for more details on embedding.
Paste this in your document somewhere (closest to the closing body tag is preferable):
Paste this inside your HTML body, where you want to include the widget:
<div class="amara-embed" data-url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KQE9bAYig4" data-team="null"></div>
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The spice turmeric appears to be able to switch back on the self-destruct mechanism within cancer cells.
This is the last of a three part video series on turmeric and cancer. If you missed the first two, check out: Back to Our Roots: Curry (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/back-to-our-roots-curry-and-cancer) and Carcinogen Blocking Effects of Turmeric Curcumin (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogen-blocking-effects-of-turmeric-curcumin).
Other herbs and spices such as garlic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/1-anticancer-vegetable/) and amla (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-ayurvedic-medicine-worse-than-lead-paint-exposure/) have similar selective effects against cancer cell.
I talk more about this concept of "apoptosis," programmed cell death in:
• Clonal Deletion Theory of Immunity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/clonal-deletion-theory-of-immunity/)
• Ex Vivo Cancer Proliferation Bioassay (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/)
• Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-the-diet-the-exercise-or-both/)
• The Answer to the Pritikin Puzzle (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-answer-to-the-pritikin-puzzle/)
What else can turmeric do? Here's the videos I have so far (with more on the way!):
• Who Shouldn't Consume Curcumin or Turmeric? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-consume-curcumin-or-turmeric/)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-rheumatoid-arthritis/)
• Boosting the Bioavailability of Curcumin (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-the-bioavailability-of-curcumin/)
• Spicing Up DNA Protection (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/spicing-up-dna-protection/)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis/)
Stay tuned for another 3-part cancer series coming up in a week or two:
1. Phytates for the Prevention of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-prevention-of-cancer)
2. Phytates for Rehabilitating Cancer Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-rehabilitating-cancer-cells)
3. Phytates for the Treatment of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-treatment-of-cancer)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-reprogramming-cancer-cell-death/ and he'll try to answer it!