IGF-USA Post WCIT Roundtable - Dec 21 2012
- IGF-USA Post WCIT Roundtable - Dec 21 2012
more » « less
IGF-USA Post-WCIT Roundtable Discussion at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington DC on December 21 2012.
The Roundtable participants were from the IGF-USA Steering Group who attended the ITU World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) in Dubai including Ambassador Phil Verveer, US State Department, and representatives of the civil society; business, and technical communities, and was open to the public - either in person or via phone bridge. This event focused on implications for Internet Governance (IG) and how to advance the effectiveness of the IGF and the IGF-USA in addressing key issues highlighted during the WCIT, but which are clearly in the IG space.
* What are the key implications from WCIT for Internet Governance, and the IGF?
* Roadmap of upcoming events of relevance that will revisit IG issues
* Will the Improvements to the IGF just agreed by the UN GA suffice?
* What is needed to strengthen the IGF to address key issues?
Moderator: Marilyn Cade
* Diana Galperin - Researcher, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
* Philip L. Verveer - U.S. Coordinator for International Communications & Information Policy:
* Michael Nelson - Bloomberg Government
* Harold Feld - Public Knowledge
* Francis Urbany - President, Urbany Associates
* Andrew Reynolds - Foreign Service Specialist, U.S. Department of State
* Chip Sharp - Director, Technology Policy and Internet Governance, Cisco Systems
* Iren Borissova - Director, International Public Policy, Verisign
* Chris Hemmerlein - International Telecommunications Policy, NTIA
* Paul Brigner - Director, North American Bureau, Internet Society
* Seth Bouvier - Internet Policy, U.S. State Department
* Dan O'Neill - Executive Director, Global Information Infrastructure Commission (GIIC)
* Clovis Baptista Neto - Executive Secretary, Inter-American Telecommunications Commission (CITEL)
Originally webcast live on the Internet Society Chapters Webcast Channel http://www.livestream.com/internetsocietychapters
IGF-USA Homepage: http://www.igf-usa.us/
The Internet Governance Forum: http://www.intgovforum.org/
More information on the WCIT: http://www.internetsociety.org/wcit
|ISOC-NY added a video: IGF-USA Post WCIT Roundtable - Dec 21 2012|